One of my biggest wishes is that NCAA Women’s Hockey would get more attention. Well that’s why this blog is here. Without further ado, let’s congratulate the senior class of 2014-2015 as teams are eliminated from further play.
Anyone that’s followed me for any length has known that I’ve fallen in love with the ECAC’s Little Engine that Could, Union. I wish continuing rising success for a program that, in my opinion, deserves more of it.
- Shenae Lundberg makes 59 saves in NCAA Record 1-0 shutout of Northeastern. Tomaselli from Russell and Valente for the game winner.
- Union nets first ever points versus a ranked opponent in 1-1 draw versus #8 St. Lawrence. Tomaselli from Valente and Tancrell-Fontaine for the game tying goal.
- Union ties best ever ECAC finish (11th) and sets school record for fewest losses with 1-16-5 record.
- Christine Valente ties career high in goals (5).
- Alex Tancrell-Fontaine sets career high in goals (4).
- Shenae Lundberg sets career highs in games played (34) and save percentage (.918).